[mythtv-users] Need to prioritise cards/inputs for live tv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 11 08:38:36 EST 2005

John Andersen wrote:

>>>Yet this is clearly not the case in my example.  The slave's tuner
>>>always is selected first for watching live tv.
>>Have you selected the option 'prefer recording over live tv' option set?
>>That's not the exact wording, but it's something like that.
>Would love to find that...
>Is it in mythtv-setup or just the regular setup in mythfrontend?
>My Mythbackend is also the frontend that I sit at most of the time
>and since it reaches out and grabs the slave's tuner first
>I end up putting all that traffic on my local network. This hasn't
>been a significant problem but its an annoyance I'd like
>to clear up.
 From Bruce's before and after posts in this thread:
If the avoid conflict with the scheduler is checked, it ignores
hostnames and chooses the highest numbered card available. "Y" still
counts up and wraps.

The exact wording in frontend settings:
Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows.
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.