[mythtv-users] Re: OT: DVI To Component Video Adapter for ATI Cards

Henry Fleischmann henry at fishcasa.com
Sat Dec 10 17:07:36 EST 2005

Henry Fleischmann wrote:
> Has anyone tried something like this with a Radeon 9100 adapter.
> http://www.trianglecables.com/dvi-hdtv200.html
> The website say it is only for 8500/9500/9600/9700/9800.
>
> I'm currently stuck with composite out on my Pundit-r and even though I
> am connecting to a tube TV, I would like to get something like the
> quality I get from component out on my DVD player.

For reference - I went ahead and purchased the adapter. Here's why it
won't work: The pundit-r DVI out connector is a DVI-D Digital Dual Link
(http://www.datapro.net/images/1142.jpg) and the adapter is DVI-I
Integrated DIG/ANA Dual connection (http://www.datapro.net/images/1148.jpg).

Now I'm thinking about giving the Ultimate XP Pro PC-to-TV Converter
(http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104194&cp=&kw=component+video+converter&parentPage=search)
 or Grand UltraView EX
(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=169831)
a try. I also thought about trying a cheap (sub $100) nVIDIA card with
component out but I'm concerned about problems with it coexisting with
the onboard video.

Any comments?
--
Henry