[mythtv-users] Re: Should be local only query: IsReallyRecording -- Filling my Logs

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 06:36:43 EST 2005

On 12/10/05, John Andersen <jsamyth at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is this, and why is it filling my myth backend log?

Ok, found the source of the
"Should be local only query: IsReallyRecording"
message in logs.

For the google crowd:  If you get this message streaming
into your backend log, or on your console it might be this
if (and only if) you have a slave backend:

This is caused by you leaving 127.0.0.1 in the mythtv-setup
of the SLAVE backend.

Another symptom of a problem with the slave backend's IP is
that if your Master Front end is not watching TV at the time
your Slave powers up, it can't watch live tv till you shut down the
slave bakend.  This happens because when
it tries to connect to the slave to use its tuner, it tries
to find it on 127.0.0.1, which is not the correct IP for the slave.

Of course this is clearly documented in section 9.1, but it could
probably use an Exclaim symbol in the docs.