[mythtv-users] Firewire ( 1394) Capture with multiple FW Cards

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 01:29:02 EST 2005

I'm trying to get my SA3250HD cable box to work with
the Firewire capture.
Cable company is Time Warner in Cincinnati.  After a
lot of phone calls,
and email, they finally give me an SA3250HD with
active 1394 ports.  I
can connect it to the 1394 ports on my TV and watch
HDTV from it.

I struggled for weeks to try getting this to work with
the onboard
1394 ports on my ASUS motherboard.  Built the 2.6.12
kernel needed
for latest drivers from linux1394.org.  No luck.  I
try following
Jarod's guide for setting it up on Fedora ( I'm using
Mandrivia 2006 ).
I finally noticed Jarods comment that he could not get
the FW ports on
his ASUS motherboard to work,  so I purchased a Belkin
1394 board that
was recommended on the linux1394.org site.

I have it in.  The card is recognized.  But,  I can't
figure out
what is meant by port and node in a two board context.
is the output of plugreport:

[root at lbk ~]# plugreport
Host Adapter 0

Node 0 GUID 0x00e0180000899531
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Host Adapter 1

Node 0 GUID 0x000f2142f10c0000
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0,
        channel=0, data_rate=0, overhead_id=0,
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x00d0035600b17934
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

What should I use a node and port in the mythtv-setup
for the firewire
capture device?

An interesting side note:  I disabled the onboard
firewire in the BIOS
setup,  but the gigabit ethernet stopped working.

Do You Yahoo!?