[mythtv-users] Glitches in firewire capture from DCT-6200

Azmat azmat.hussain at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:44:36 EST 2005

Hi,

My mythtv system is running on an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2 GHz) with 1G
RAM, a PVR-350 and firewire capture from my Motorola DCT-6200 cable
box.  Whenever I do firewire capture from the box through Myth, the
recording exhibits a audio/video glitching.  The picture will
momentarily become pixelated and there will be a brief skip.  I can
tell the glitch is in the recording because when I rewind and playback
it is reproducible.  There is no pattern or regularity to the
glitching.  Sometimes it will be at the start of the show and will
disappear in the middle, only to reappear later.  It doesn't prevent
me from recording shows, but is just become a huge annoyance that I'd
like to take care of.  Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?
Do you think a faster processor would help?

Thanks in advance,

Azmat