[mythtv-users] How to obtain serviceids and atscsrcid

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 9 09:29:42 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 21:26 -0800, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
> 	I am trying to set up my channel table (I was missing the
> mplexid, serviceid and atscsrcid) but I having trouble getting the
> serviceid and atscsrcid.
> 	The Full Scan in mythtv-setup left the fields empty when doing
> the scan for the HD3000 card. I managed to get the mplexid from the
> dtv_multiplex table but now I need the other two.
Did you do the scan with the latest SVN? It should fill these in.

If you want to fill these in manually, the 'serviceid' is the
MPEG program number for the program in the PAT table, and the
'atscsrcid' is the major_channel*256+minor_channel. You only need
one of them, at least with HDTV in SVN. If you have the serviceid
you can zero the atscsrcid, and MythTV will tune using the serviceid.
If you have the atscsrcid MythTV will figure out the serviceid for
you while tuning, and with '-v record' debugging will tell you that
the serviceid it saw doesn't match the one in the DB.

BTW the mplexid isn't strictly needed if you are using the V4L
DTV drivers.

-- Daniel