[mythtv-users] mythbackend can't find channel is database

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 01:10:05 EST 2005

Mitko Haralanov wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:28:11 -0800
>Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>nope, you should have those filled in. You should see what I did in the
>>msg that I referred you to in the last thread. It has what I filled in
>>and how I did it. freqid also needs to be filled in with the right
>>frequency.
>>

>I read your thread and then I read the original thread that you used as
>a guide. However, when I look at my channel table the freqid's are of
>the form XX-X (for example 35-1, or 45-1).
>
>I am not sure why they are of this form but I feel a little uneasy
>about changing them to something completely different (the value of the
>frequency field in the dtv_multiplex) table.

For my system, mythtv-setup scanned the channels, and got the mplexid,
serviceid and atscid correct --  but did not put the correct freq_id in
the "channel" table. Just as you describe above.

What you need to do is copy the "frequency" record from the
"dtv_multiplex" table using the "mplexid" as the reference key to the
correct channel. Paste that "frequency" into the "freq_id" record of the
"channel" table, again using the mplexid as your reference.

brad