[mythtv-users] Myth/Debian distribution

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 22:15:06 EST 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 20:53, Mike Robinson wrote:
> I was considering using Debian (or Ubuntu) for my new Myth box, but then
> I saw that the distribution isn't being supported anymore:
>
> http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv/README
>
> Does this mean that I'm SOL for Myth on a Debian distribution?  Would it
> be much more difficult to use the source straight from the MythTv.org
> site?  All of the guides I've found for Myth/Debian use the above
> distribution.
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> -Mike

Build from source. its easy once you have the required deb's installed. I've
got Myth running on all three of my Debian systems.

I'd also suggest against Ubuntu, stick with real Debian. Kanotix is a good
Live! distro that can be easily HD installed, or KnopMyth is good as well and
has a great forum for support and is specific for running MythTV.

--
Steve