[mythtv-users] [may be OT] Linksys NSLU2 for streaming videos (SD and HD) ?

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:55:11 EST 2005

Well, I was hedging my bet. I also posted it in avsforum too :-)
Finally got a reply from someone in avsforum who is running
overclocked slug  with wizd and streaming HD (high definition)
contents to his Snazio HD dvd player.

I saw your USB ATSC tuner post earlier. I'm currently running HD3000
and DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 Lite in my box. My main goal is to offload the
recorded programs (after they are commercial_cut and transcoded to
mpeg4) from the mythbox to the slug. There I'll run wizd and stream it
to IOData LinkPlayer2 (LP2). I don't know if slug will be able to run
complete mythbackend. It may be too big for its tiny 64mb sdram
(unless you fatten it). Presently, I run wizd on my linux box to
stream the contents to the LP2.

With slug in picture, I can store all my programs on multiple external
hard drives and let the slug become the uPnP media server. Hopefully,
will save some wear/tear/electricity on the mythbox.

Now I need to buy a slug and an external hard drive.