[mythtv-users] DVB-T PCI Cards

Jo Shields directhex at apebox.org
Thu Dec 8 11:08:19 EST 2005

Neil Bird wrote:

> Around about 08/12/05 15:59, Jo Shields typed ...
>
>> There's a button to toggle between tuners - and it's automatic as &
>> when needed (e.g. if you have 2 tuners, and one's in use, you use
>> t'other automatically)
>

>   Yes, I've read about that, hence the question.  But does this work
> by somehow attaching channel '1' to both tuners, or do I have myth
> channels 1 & 101 both configured with the same xmltvid and myth uses
> that to recognise that they're the 'same'?  Or something else?

Within the MythTV setup, you set up different "sources", which are
equivalent to different xmltv configurations - then you assign these
sources to cards. I have 2 cards, with the same source - so myth assumes
the 2 cards are essentially identical, so they use the same channel
numbers etc transparently.