[mythtv-users] Re: Strange MythBackend troubles

Kirk Davis Kirk.Davis at epsb.ca
Thu Dec 8 10:00:05 EST 2005

    My system is also having the same problem.  It seems to loose the
connection with the backend when I try to delete a recording. The
frontend will eventualy time out but I have to restart the backend.

    Here is some more information about my system that might help some
one track this problem down.
	Running on FC4 (2.6.14-1.1644_FC4smp) on a P4 3Gig with 1 Gig of
RAM.
	Myth 18.1  from atrpms about 2 weeks ago.
	Two capture devices.  A PVR-150 and a firewire connection to a
DCT-6200 cable box.
	The system is setup right off of Jarod's How-to from
http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
	I'm using JFS for the filesystem that stores the recordings.
	Here are the ivtv packages that I am using:
	ivtv.i386                                1:0.4.0-98.rhfc4.at
installed
	ivtv-firmware-audio.i386                 0.0.1-1.at
installed
	ivtv-firmware-dec.i386                   2.02.023-4.at
installed
	ivtv-firmware-enc.i386                   2.04.024-4.at
installed
	ivtv-kmdl-2.6.14-1.1644_FC4smp.i686      1:0.4.0-98.rhfc4.at
installed

    I hope this information helps. I just built up this new system.  The
old system was working without a hitch for almost 2 years.

---- Kirk