[mythtv-users][OT] - How grab VHS tapes?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Dec 7 15:06:26 EST 2005

    Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:32:10 -0700
    From: "Dave Packham" <dave.packham at utah.edu>

    Any way to detect good signal?  I have seen a lot of software that will
    stop capture on BAD signal or snow

Can you be more specific about this?  I asked a few days ago if anyone
had any ideas on how to detect this inside an mpeg, which is half of
trying to get myth to autoreschedule recordings that went bad because
the studio screwed up or some other hardware issue happened, but I
haven't heard any good ideas and will probably start hunting around in
the video-processing and image recognition arenas otherwise...  Tnx.