[mythtv-users] New widescreen theme coming soon (a little OT)

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby2 at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 7 04:07:40 EST 2005

Steve Adeff wrote:

> Justin,
>
> Theres a flickr thingy with caps of the newer Project Mayhem screens. Dunno if
> you've seen them but they've got some added eyecandy stuff for you to think
> about integrating.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/cubicgarden/sets/587049/
> main menu: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cubicgarden/33771691/in/set-587049/
>
> of particular note are the new buttons on the bottom right that correspond to
> the power and scripts button for XBMC but could be used for Utilities/Setup.
> as wel the main buttons have changed styles that allow you to place them
> closer together to save some space.
>
> theres caps of most of the screens for you to use.
>
> thanks for the hard work on all this!
>
> Steve

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the pointer, but I have no intention of changing any of the
button graphics right now.  I stated originally that the look of my
theme was inspired by Project Mayhem 3 (hence the name)  - there are
obviously some elements of PM3 that are hard to replicate in mythtv. To
get buttons where PM3 has buttons would mean having a much larger button
area, and that might impact visibilty of the watermarks.

At the moment my priority is to get the wide version ready, so.. back to
work on that.

Regards,
Justin.