[mythtv-users] Easiest installation?

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Tue Dec 6 14:41:49 EST 2005

Marcus wrote:
> I'm new to MythTV. If I use KnoppMyth do I only need a free partition? Can I specify which partition to install to?
> Reading the docs it seemed like it would automatically install to hda1.
Yes, it will do an auto install _if_ you select auto install.  You can
do a manual install and install to any partition you want.

> I want myth to co-exist on my regular desktop PC.
Define co-exist.  This can mean numerous things.
> I'm using Debian and the MythTV packages are currently not maintained. I don't know how to tweak the source or makefiles to compile, so is KnoppMyth my best options?
There is no need to tweak any source or makefiles to compile MythTV.
Robert has done an excellent job with the MythTV docs, highly suggest
you read it.