[mythtv-users] LIRC not working within Myth

John DiLorenzo jdilorenzo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:49:21 EST 2005

OK, tonight I'll try the following:

1. Figure out if LIRC is dead on startup, or if it's me running IRW that
kills it.  Then create a script to ensure LIRC runs properly on reboot.

2.  Remove all copies of lircrc besides /etc/.lircrc.

3.  Compare lircrc and lircd.conf to make sure the buttons are named the

If this doesn't work, I may try upgrading the lirc-kmdl.  Last thing to try
is reinstall myth from the tarball and verify that LIRC is compiled with

Sound good?