[mythtv-users] PVR-250 and DCT2200

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:56:11 EST 2005

On 12/6/05, Dopey Dog <dopeydog at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I have a PVR-250, do I still need my Motorola DCT2200 decoder for my
> digital channels?  or can the PVR-250 decode everything?

The PVR-250 doesn't decode digital channels.  You still need your cable
box.  You'll need an IR blaster to change channels, and a lot of patience. I
have a low success rate with my IR blaster and my DCT2100.  It's not that
the IR blaster is so bad, but that the DCT box is very slow, and sometimes
misses remote button presses.

I only use the DCT to record the digital channels; I have other PVR cards
set up to record analog channels.

Carl Fongheiser