[mythtv-users] Analog Channel Tuning without XMLTV Support

cardboil cardboil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 06:30:02 EST 2005

I'm trying to setup Myth in a country that does not have TV grab support for
XMLTV.  I understand that Myth supports Auto Scan for DVB, but not for
analog cable.  Given that, what is the best way for me to hook up the cable
connection to my tuner (Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2) and tune all available
channels?  I've seen references to utilities like ptune-ui etc., but would
appreciate any pointers.

In DVB-S (which I am familiar with), you can use dvb-apps to tune channels
from the stream to create channels.conf and then import that to Myth.  So,
I'm trying to figure out the analog equivalent of that (sort of like hitting
Auto Program on a TV's setup menu when connecting it to an antenna or analog
cable).

Thanks!