[mythtv-users] XVMC Support for Intel 810

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Mon Dec 5 22:30:33 EST 2005

<top posting rearranged>

On Monday 05 December 2005 5:21 pm, Jeff Clemens wrote:
> Hmm... well, I didn't recompile Myth, but I did point XvMCConfig to the
> library for the 810.  XvMC seems to be loading now (per the xorg log file),
> but Myth still won't play video with XvMC enabled.  Does the enable option
> show up if XvMC is not compiled in?  I'm using a binary MythTV package,
> (from ATRPMS) and would prefer not to have to install all of the
> development tools just to compile myth.  I guess I assumed the option
> wouldn't be in the menu if it weren't compiled in, but I may be wrong.
>
> Jeff

In Setup > TV Settings > Playback > 5th screen in there should be an option
for "Use hardware XvMC MPEG Decoding" if the ATRPMS version supports it.  Not
sure, I roll my own.

To test if mythfrontend support XvMC you could try:

ldd /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend | grep XvMC

assuming ATRPMS installs myth in /usr/local/bin.  Look for libXvMCW.so.1 in
the output.

-- Harry O.