[mythtv-users] Bottom half of video blips

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sun Dec 4 22:38:19 EST 2005

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 10:20:39PM -0500, M Smith wrote:
> Using Gentoo and MythTV SVN both updated in October '05 with a PVR250
> and standard analog Comast Cable.
>
> OK - I don't know the best way to describe this, but recently (within
> the past month) I am getting a 'random jump / skip / blip / pixelation
> /blur / whatever you want to call it' on the bottom half of the screen
> of my recordings.

Me too.  I've also been getting situations where the video freezes but
the audio keeps going, and when I skip-back and replay the same section
it doesn't happen the second time around.  These problems are all
show-specific -- if a show has bad playback then it will always have bad
playback even though others are fine.  I suspect the ivtv 0.4 driver may
be at fault for the blips on the bottom half of the display but don't
know how to prove or disprove it.  The playback problems are probably
caused by MythTV tripping over flaws in the recording, and rewinding by
5 seconds reinitializes the stream.

--
Joke template: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.