[mythtv-users] Dish Network and MythTV

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sun Dec 4 22:05:21 EST 2005

Robert La Ferla wrote:

> But DirecTV doesn't offer TV Japan and the quality of Comcast Digital
> cable (last time I used it) was terrible so that's why I need and want
> Dish Network.

Dish uses Nagra2 encryption now, and nobody anywhere has broken that, so
any thought of using a DVB card is out the door.
You will be using a normal reciever and IR blasting your channel changes
like everyone else.  I've got a homebrew IR blaster on a single serial port,
with two IR leds.  I have it set up with two receiver box addresses and
it's extremely reliable.  Search on the list archive if you want the
write up from
a year ago or so.