[mythtv-users] Adding movies to MythTV

Trent Albright korebantic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:24:32 EST 2005

>From the mythTv-Howto:

"Contributions to the HOWTO are welcome, especially if you find a
grammatical or spelling error, or if the wording of something is just
plain confusing.

If you'd like to make a new contribution, feel free to email it to me
mailto:rkulagow at rocketmail.com, but as the maintainer I retain the
right to edit or choose not to use your submission.

If you would like to submit an update or contribution, please send it
as either SGML or as plain text. NO HTML.  The source used to create
the HOWTO is in SGML / Linuxdoc.  See the Linuxdoc HOWTO at
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Howtos-with-LinuxDoc.html for information on
the linuxdoc format itself, or look at the mythtv-HOWTO.sgml file as
an example."
Just a couple thoughts here:

(1) I wouldn't waste my time writing up a bunch of documentation
without talking to rkulagow first. Seems like it would really suck to
spend a ton of time writing up something only to find out there's no
interest. Maybe I'm misunderstanding here though, is he solely in
charge of all the documentation? Or are there other venues for
submitting docs?

(2) Are there any good SGML wysiwyg editors? IMO limiting the format
like this isn't helping move the documentation forward. If someone has
to learn SGML tags, its going to be less likely to find people to
help. Lots more people know HTML, and there are many good HTML editors
around. The easier it is to add documentation, the more that will get
written.

Maybe the documentation should be in wiki? Just some thoughts...