[mythtv-users] Audio Hiss during livetv and playback

Valerian Mayega valerian at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:33:14 EST 2005

Thanks for your quick reply.

It turns out I was able to remove the hiss by adjusting the sampling rate in
the settings--> recording profiles section to 48khz instead of 44.1khz, I
stumbled upon this by mistake since, I was having trouble with mythtv after
installing a second tuner card ... I nuked the database. After doing that it
defaulted to 32khz and the hiss was not there, but there was a low rumbling
sound.

Now a minor new problem is how to get mythtv to default to /dev/video1 as
the default Live TV device.

Thanks.

regards,

+Valerian