[mythtv-users] Audio Hiss during livetv and playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 3 12:46:38 EST 2005

Valerian Mayega wrote:

>I have an annoying audio hiss on most channels during like tv. (Not
>all channels).
>
>I have a Hauppage WintVGo card, a Sound blaster 5.1 (which I bought
>becuase my on board sound card hissed also ... the new card did not
>fix the problem).
>
>Can someone point me in the right direction.

Most likely you have one (of the several) mixer volumes set to 100%.
Try lowering the volumes to 90% or below.  Note that volumes include
Master and PCM of your sound card, and there's a recording volume
specified in Myth setup for your profile.

As far as the SB goes, I think you'll find it was a nice (albeit
unnecessary) upgrade from the motherboard's sound.  :)

Mike