[mythtv-users] Re: MyTHTV

Larry Shields larry at isp.com
Sat Dec 3 07:01:44 EST 2005

Hi Tim,

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 09:14 +0000, Tim Milstead wrote:
> Larry Shields wrote:
>
> >Hello Tim,
> >I read you message on the users list, about installing MythTV using
> >Ubuntu, which is debian...
> >

> Well it is Debian based. I believe it is based on Sid, the never to be
> released unstable branch of Debian.
> I consider using this directly but given that a large part of it might
> spontaneously stop working I gave it a miss.

I have the newest version of Ubuntu 5.10, but I am using Debian by
Libranet, which is sarge...

> Which version are you using? Debian vesion 3.0 by Libranet kernel 2.6.11...

> >I also run Debian but I seem to be haing a problem in getting it to
> >work...I would like if you have the time, to tell me what files you have
> >downloaded, etc., and just maybe I can see what I am missing...
> >

> It will be different depending on the Debian based distribution you use.
> In general it is a case of using apt-get to get the files not least mythtv.
> Be more specific, what problems are you having and what setup have you got?
> Make sure you post to the list since others might be able to help too.

I use apt-get, and synaptic, for most of all of my downloads...But
libmp3lame is not listed from what I can tell, maybe debian has it named
differently...???

What I am trying to do is to just get mythtv-gui up and running, once
that is done, then I plan on buying the cards that I need, for a full
operation here...

At anyrate, I really need to know what files that I need for sarge, and
the best way to compile the program...

Thanks for responding back to me...

Larry