[mythtv-users] Re: MyTHTV

Tim Milstead tim_milstead at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 04:14:45 EST 2005

Larry Shields wrote:

>Hello Tim,
>I read you message on the users list, about installing MythTV using
>Ubuntu, which is debian...

Well it is Debian based. I believe it is based on Sid, the never to be
released unstable branch of Debian.
I consider using this directly but given that a large part of it might
spontaneously stop working I gave it a miss.

Which version are you using?

>I also run Debian but I seem to be haing a problem in getting it to
>work...I would like if you have the time, to tell me what files you have
>downloaded, etc., and just maybe I can see what I am missing...

It will be different depending on the Debian based distribution you use.
In general it is a case of using apt-get to get the files not least mythtv.
Be more specific, what problems are you having and what setup have you got?
Make sure you post to the list since others might be able to help too.