[mythtv-users] remote-controlled mythfrontend?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 19:37:35 EST 2005

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I use Xvnc to
control a FE remotely (you'll probably have to install but it's no
problem). From your remote machine, ssh into the Myth machine you want
to control, launch (mythuser)$Xvnc display:0 (I belileve. Anyway it's
in the README), and launch vncviewer on your local machine. There a
few things that need configuring, but it's all in the docs.

This creates a clone of the current Myth X display on your remote
machine. Start your film from the regular Myth menus, close the vnc
session, and go watch. I have no idea if this works on MS, or if
that's even an issue for you. Maybe not as elegant as a FF plugin but
easy and effective.