[mythtv-users] remote-controlled mythfrontend?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Dec 2 17:40:28 EST 2005

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:

>While I'm poking at mythweb...
>
>If I'm surveying my already-recorded programs, and click on one of the
>thumbnails, mythweb currently tries to send the .nuv (really mpeg)
>file directly to my browser, which is running on my desktop machine
>[not a Myth box].  Firefox has no idea what to -do- with the file, so
>it tries to inhale hundreds of megabytes and explodes.  Presumably the
>solution there is to figure out what MIME-type mythweb is using to
>represent these files and define a mapping to something else, like
>mplayer, but I haven't looked at that yet [is it documented somewhere?].)
>
>But in fact, what I -really- want to have happen is to be able to tell
>my frontend, which is across the room and has the PVR-350 which is the
>actual TV output, to go play the thing I just clicked on.  Has anyone
>ever implemented this sort of functionality?

No, there is no facility in Myth to send playback commands to a frontend
to make it play something.  The closest are the MythWifi type
applications that let you send remote keypresses to the frontend but you
still need to get the combination correct.  And out of curiosity, why
are you using MythWeb on a different computer from your TV to start
watching a program on a TV across the room that you are not in front of?

Kevin

--
Looking for affordable webhosting?  http://www.sitecity.net