[mythtv-users] Feature suggestion / discussion - record button behavior

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Dec 2 13:48:39 EST 2005

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> I don't think this would be all that necessary once the LiveTV Record is
> changed such that hitting record will record the entire program (pulling
> from buffer as needed). Why would you want to Record a later showing if
> you've got it right now?

To see it from the beginning.

> It would be cool to optionally have the scheduling screen pop up when it
> starts recording that gives you the scheduling, storage, etc. options so

Press "M"enu then Program Guide. From here "I"nfo or SELECT
for the recording options page to choose FindOne (which, BTW
would look for a later showing or scheduler the current if
there aren't any) or any other options. From the EPG, "O"
shows the list of upcoming showings and "U" shows the program
details, etc. New users sometimes tend to describe the first
thing that pops in their head rather then asking questions ;-).

--  bjm