[mythtv-users] Feature suggestion / discussion - record button behavior

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:31:40 EST 2005

On 12/2/05, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> I don't think this would be all that necessary once the LiveTV Record
> is changed such that hitting record will record the entire program
> (pulling from buffer as needed). Why would you want to Record a later
> showing if you've got it right now?

well, in my case, it was because I caught it 30 minutes in. Since I was
flipping channels, I didn't have it in the buffer or anything. It seems like
a rare case, as I don't think many people do the live TV browse anymore,
but I thought I'd see.

It would be cool to optionally have the scheduling screen pop up when
> it starts recording that gives you the scheduling, storage, etc.
> options so you can change it to whatever you need. I feel like it
> should be configurable in your LiveTV settings if you want this
> advanced option menu available after hitting Record. That way hitting
> record and enter will have the current functionality when this option
> is selected which isn't that much more trouble for the end user. With
> it disabled, Record works the same as it does now.

Yeah, that would be a nice way to do it. Either have it be configurable in
the
options, or have both types of recording be seperate buttons, and the user
can pick which they want to have on the remote.