[mythtv-users] Re: yet another mythtv theme "RETRO"

Jonathan Tidmore jtidmore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:29:52 EST 2005

I love your new Retro theme.  Used it last night without issue.  This
morning I did notice in my frontend log these error messages when
mythfrontend started:

Error loading image file: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/radio.png
Error loading image file: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/pie.png
Error loading image file: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/radio.png
Error loading image file: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/pie.png

I don't have radio.png anywhere on the system.  I looked at your ui.xml and
you specify radio.png in the watermark directory, but radio.png does not
exist.  Same goes for pie.png.  I didn't notice any missing images when
using Retro, but what do these errors mean?

Thanks for making another great theme for MythTV.

On 12/2/05, gerhard aldorf <gerhard at aldorf.no> wrote:

> -While the DirecTV signal is on the fritz because of
> -the pouring rain here, I decided to look into the font
> -issue myself.  I changed the font to Franklin Gothic
> -Medium, and it looks pretty good.  I think that the
> -program guide actually looks better in Franklin Gothic
> -than Trebuchet MS, but I suppose that's a personal
> -preference.
>
> -Regardless of the font used, the items in the main
> -menu are a bit small.  Perhaps in exchange for the
> -smaller text, you can put more items on the screen?
>
> -- Joe
>
> Thanks Joe
>
> I'll try out the Franklin Gothic font. Are there any copyright issues with
> the M$ fonts? As for the items in the main menu I may make them bigger. My
> intent is to keep it simple and dont put too many things there.
>
> Gerhard

Jonathan Tidmore