[mythtv-users] Uncool surprise... coming back from vacation, shows not recorded.

James Howison james at freelancepropaganda.com
Thu Dec 1 13:58:46 EST 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 12:45 AM, Jeff Simpson wrote:

> Another mistake that might be tough to find is a schedule
> discrepancy. This sunday, for example,
> the football game ran long and Family Guy failed to record
> (combined with my idea of "hey, I'll tell it not
> to record and instead just tune to it live and pause, and come back
> for it....only to find out that the next
> recording it tried to do bumped me out of live tv with no way to
> recover that buffer).

I'd like to be able to say "If it's Football or Golf (final day) then
record 20% longer than usual"  (The subtitle for golf usually says
"final day" and it's only then that there's likely to be a play-off).

and

"if that rules fires, delay following records accordingly (especially
the recording straight after)."

Any ideas on whether that's possible?  It's all just database
mashing, so a cron script that alters upcoming recordings could
probably handle it....

Similarly, does anyone know if the DVB EIT data (now and next) tends
to reflect programming extensions, or do they not correct that?

Thanks,
--J