[mythtv-users] Gentoo n00b needing advice!

Greg Oliver goliver at cistera.com
Thu Dec 1 12:21:10 EST 2005

I have just recently built a myth box on gentoo (going for gentoox on
xbox next), you can see my make.conf here:

http://ghost.homeunix.com/make.conf.html

It has all the goodies to include all of the codecs to allow playing of
anything and storing to any format.  Some of the stuff is P4 related,
and you may want to take the "nptlonly" flag out, but I do not use it
for anything buy Myth and I know all the libraries are compatible.

I believe someone else suggested removing gtk and gtk2 as well.  Sine
myth uses QT and you really do not need a desktop, you can emerge
fluxbox, xfce or something light like that as well.

-Greg