[mythtv-users] Dish Network and MythTV

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 08:53:17 EST 2005

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 19:14, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> Steve Adeff wrote:
> > As well, you won't get any HD channels with the PC tuner cards and when
> > they do the switch to MPEG4 you won't be able to tune those channels
> > either.
>
> Tell me more about the switch including the timeframe, rationale,
> etc...  What current tuner cards will work minus HD/mpeg4?  I have a
> pcHDTV HD3000 card but so far it's just being used for analog cable
> w/tvtime.  I can't get audio out of it without having to use a cable so
> it's pretty crummy.

its for Dish, so ATSC cards won't work, you need a DVB-S card. When, they said
they planned on starting a few months ago testing, so prbly near the end of
2006 they will begin giving out only newer IRDs with a complete switch a year
or two after that (to get the current subscribers new boxes).

check avsforums they're usually on top of these things.

--
Steve