[mythtv-users] Re: Mythbackend losing sql connection on the start
of some recordings
junkxamindar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:50:38 EST 2005
I have been having this problem recently as well. Only I don't have to
restart mythbackend, I just have to wait a little while and it will come
back. Mythfrontend on the otherhand needs to be restarted. I am using
mysql5 now, it didn't happen with mysql4. But then again I have
reinstalled this entire system (Gentoo) and something else may be
Scott Carr wrote:
> I have been having this same problem for about 2 months now. I have
> to restart MythBackend and everything works again for .5 day to 3
> days, then next time you go to check scheduled programs, you get nothing.
> It is not necassarily after a mythfilldatabase update, as I usually
> don't run mythfilldatabase everyday. Sometimes waiting a week to run
> it, when I see the scheduled programs getting low.
> I have tried using MythBackend in debug mode, but that doesn't appear
> to log anything that I found useful, no error messages, or anything.
> If you find something please let us know.
> Sasha Z wrote:
>> Some more information, it can't access the scheduled recordings list,
>> but it has no problems getting the recorded programs table. This is
>> seriously strange, and I have no possible explanation.
>> Someone... anyone... help?
>> On 11/28/05, Sasha Z <kleptophobiac at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I seem to be losing the database connection before some recordings,
>>> but not all. Mysql is *not* dying, and I am able to open and
>>> manipulate the database via the mysql console without trouble.
>>> Mythbackend itself isn't crashing either, it's just no longer able to
>>> communicate with the database.
>>> Mysql logs show no errors on that end, and I don't have to restart
>>> mysqld to make things work. I _only_ have to restart mythbackend. I'm
>>> running SVN from today. mysql is version 5.0.16. It happens rather
>>> suspiciously on the first recording after a listings update... this is
>>> Here's a snippet of the log when it dies:
>>> 2005-11-28 13:15:26.270 New DB connection, total: 5
>>> Data for source cleared...
>>> Main temp tables populated. Updating myth channels...
>>> Updating icons for sourceid: 1
>>> Channels updated.. Updating programs...
>>> Adjusting program database end times...
>>> 0 replacements made.
>>> Marking generic episodes... found 794
>>> Marking repeats... found 2100
>>> Unmarking new episode rebroadcast repeats... found 11
>>> Attempting to contact the master backend for rescheduling.
>>> If the master is not running, rescheduling will happen when
>>> the master backend is restarted.
>>> 2005-11-28 13:15:30.079 Connecting to backend server: 192.168.1.8:6543
>>> (try 1 of 5)
>>> 2005-11-28 13:15:30.097 Using protocol version 22
>>> 2005-11-28 13:15:30.108 adding: mythbe01 as a client (events: 0)
>>> 2005-11-28 13:15:30.150 Unknown socket closing
>>> 2005-11-28 14:29:41.783 TVRec(2): Changing from None to RecordingOnly
>>> 2005-11-28 14:29:41.784 Global TVFormat Setting 'NTSC'
>>> 2005-11-28 14:29:41.785 Channel(/dev/v4l/video1): SetFormat(Default)
>>> fmt(NTSC) input(4)
>>> 2005-11-28 14:29:41.787 Channel(/dev/v4l/video1): SetFormat(Default)
>>> fmt(NTSC) input(4)
>>> 2005-11-28 14:29:41.967 DB Error (KickDatabase):
>>> Query was:
>>> SELECT NULL;
>>> Driver error was [2/2006]:
>>> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
>>> Database error was:
>>> MySQL server has gone away
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
More information about the mythtv-users