[mythtv-users] Epia Board and PVR350 or PVR500

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 20:36:33 UTC 2005

I made the stupid mistake of not doing my homework when it comes to research
before buying and ended up with a sp13000 in a Travla C137-120W case with a
pvr250 and a pvr350.  Up to that point I thought the main generator of heat
in my atx box were the three 200GB seagate drives and the 2.4Ghz pentium4.
But the pvrs ran so hot inside this tiny box (the mini-itx box) that my
system froze a few times.  And I only have a 12GB 2.5" drive inside.  The
main storage is usb2-connected.  After I put 4 fans inside the box, it's
running sufficiently cool not to freeze any more.  And louder too.

If you still haven't forked over the cash for a pci pvr, I'd really suggest
you look into those usb2 plextors mp402 or whatever the number.  Search the
mailing list.

But what you heard about the superb tv-out quality if the pvr350 is true.
However make sure you cool that card well in a mini-itx box or it'll overheat
and start introducing artefacts in the mpegs.

IvanK.