[mythtv-users] Bootup, mythtv & mame.

Sam Zeke sam_zeke at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 09:51:14 UTC 2005

Hello everyone!  First let me say that I'm completely new to MythTV, and slightly new to linux (specifically gentoo).

I was curious to know how to have MythTV start right after bootup in Linux, before anything else is shown.  Before Gnome or KDE is shown, or better yet not to have them load in the first place.

I also would like to know if there is a specific command switch to start MythTV in the Mame category/section of the interface when it does boot.  Is this possible?  If so, how?

The reason why I'm asking this specific question is because I'm building an arcade cabinet (from scratch, and almost done) and really like the frontend for Mame and want to have it be the first thing I see on the screen when I boot linux, besides my custom logo in bootsplash.

P.S. - Has anyone thought of ripping the frontend for mame fro mythtv, and making it a single frontend for mame?

THANKS!!!

http://mail.yahoo.com