[mythtv-users] CD Ripping in FC4 and Jarod

Howard Holden howardhol at iwon.com
Tue Aug 30 21:34:00 UTC 2005

Thanks for letting me play and thanks to all those who've given there own time.

I installed <input class="txtDsp" type="text" size="8" name="word8" value="-suite" on FC4 per <input class="txtDsp" type="text" size="8" name="word18" value= "excellent" FC3 instructions --before the recent updates to Jarod\ page.

All was well except <input class="txtDsp" type="text" size="8" name="word14" value="." I had the same buffer overrun described by others (link to that thread below) that was eventually blamed on a bugged version of <input class="txtDsp" type="text" size="8" name="word15" value=":
"
The frontend crashes when trying to Rip CD\ or scan for new music,

The whole thread:
<input class="txtDsp" type="text" size="8" name="word10" value="://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/dev-Jarod\://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/com/mythtv/fcmyth/commits/145691
"

I noticed php update for FC4 (ffmpeg) last night. A very brief perusal of the updated page yielded no notice of any such problems in linux.

I'm wondering if anyone has installed per the new instructions on FC4 and not had this problem.
Also (and I know this probably isn't the right place to ask), how does a person change their version of ($)?

I know enough about howiebaby to break things, which is one reason I really appreciate what