[mythtv-users] Recommended GUI dimensions/setup to deal with overscan @ 1920x1080i

Ali Asad Lotia ali.asad.lotia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:28:50 UTC 2005

Upon reading your post, I noticed that you were using component video
outs. I'm connecting to a Standard Def TV and would like to use the
component out. When I boot up using the component out, I can see color
in the console (prompt, directory listings), but as soon as I start X,
the color is extremely muted. The only thing I can make out is the
bright red which appears slightly pinkish. The rest of the colors
appear black and white, or are so muted that I cannot make them out.
The colors are fine when using the S-Video output on the breakout box.
I am using a 256MB GeForce 6600 PCI Express card (Gigabyte
GV-NX66256DP). The TVOutFormat setting in xorg.conf is set to SVIDEO.

Have you, or anyone else on this list experienced something similar.
If so, could you please share how you solved it.

Thanks,
Ali