[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Xine and ac3 passthrough using ALSA while playing dvd's gives a skip or stutter effect

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 14:15:15 UTC 2005

Hey guys,
I'm having a huge problem playing DVD's using Xine and
Mplayer.  Everytime I try to play a dvd I get a
stutter or skip sound.  It is only when I try to use
AC3.  Normal stuff goes thru my spdif out like wav
files and mp3's.  I am using a pvr350 and a pvr 250
and am using onboard sound.  I also had this problem
with a SB Audigy.  I am using Fedora Core 4 and it is
a clean install.  I have also tried with FC3.
Thanks