[mythtv-users] Watching nuv in windows.

Darren Black lists.drdaz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:04:52 UTC 2005

On 8/30/05, Joshua King <jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Okay I opened myself up for this...
>
> On 30/8/05 1:10 AM, "Darren Black" <lists.drdaz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 8/29/05, Joshua King <jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >> * Supports Live TV
> >
> > Does it??! I mean I know it officially does, but I have been unable to
> > find a player that does the business... What media player software are
> > you using? And what kind of card do you have in your backend?
>
> Typing mythlivetv:// into Firefox launched Windows Media Player (in the
> old
> skin mode) and it played for at least a couple of minutes. I know there's
> known issue with MPEG2 and live TV according to the website. (PVR-150 in
> the
> backend). I've yet to sit there and use it (the Windows machines in the
> house aren't mine to touch, getting permission to install DSMyth to try
> took
> subtefuge as it was ;P)
>
> Changing channels is buried behind too many screens in Windows Media
> Player
> that I probably wouldn't bother with it. What I suggested my folks do is
> select the program from the program guide, choose Record this showing,
> click
> Record and wait a few seconds for it to start recording and then view
> that,
> avoiding live TV altogether.
>
> Joshua King

Heh... Thing is, even when I do that, the seek bar/time remaining values
dont change. If I let the thing record for two minutes then attempt to
watch, I'll get two minutes of video. After that I'll need to re-open the
file to see more and repeat until the recording finishes (quite dull).

Several people have said this works for them though, and there's even a
message about using Media Player Classic in this way on the DSMyth
website... It just doesn't work on my end. I must be missing some vital
detail here.

/drdaz