[mythtv-users] Image/schematic of wiring?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Mon Aug 29 09:08:52 UTC 2005

	I want to turn a computer I have into a MythTV box. Hardware-wise, I
think I've got a decent setup (AMD 2100+, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce
TI4600, SB Live Platinum) and I know I need one (or more) TV tuners. I'm
pretty sure I can work through the software issues (I've got KnoppMyth).

	What actually concerns me--and what I haven't been able to find
anywhwere--is the actual connecting of the box to the TV. Or rather (since
I should just be able to hook up the s-cable from the GeForce out to the
TV, right?), the cable (input) to the MythTV box.

	I have a cable connected to a digital/HD cable box connected to an HDTV.
On O'Reilly's site, I found this:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/digitalmedia/2005/06/22/myth_tv.html

There isn't a good way to work "natively" with digital cable. The least
unattractive option is to use a set-top box for decryption and feed the
video stream to a capture card. At this point, though, the only capture
cards you can buy are standard definition. You'll also need to use an IR
blaster to send channel changing commands to the set-top box.

	This tells me I'm right be concerned about the actual wiring.

	Ideas?

	===Blake===