[mythtv-users] Gentoo + Mythtv + Fusion Plus HDTV + Nvidia

Kevin Saenz ksaenz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 04:09:24 UTC 2005

This is from using a stage3 install mind you...

> Oh - and check that the kernel modules for the DVB card are being loaded
> at boot time (i.e. that they're in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6)
> BEFORE mythbackend starts up - that can cause problems too.

Hmmmm is this after installing dvico or linuxtv? I have bloated my kernel
image out to include the dvb-t drivers.
I have also set them to modules and added to the
/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6

dvb-core
bt8xxx
dst
cx22700
cx22702
cx24110

I'm only assuming the type of card I am using. I run lsmod

mythtv ~ # lsmod
Module Size Used by
sg 24352 0
ipv6 178240 14
ohci_hcd 14596 0
parport_pc 27716 0
parport 21448 1 parport_pc
floppy 44500 0
nvidia 3214460 12
via_rhine 16388 0
mii 3072 1 via_rhine
eth1394 14600 0
usbhid 25952 0
ehci_hcd 22536 0
uhci_hcd 23568 0
ohci1394 25908 0
ieee1394 58296 2 eth1394,ohci1394
evdev 6656 0
rtc 8120 0
usbcore 74748 5 ohci_hcd,usbhid,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
cx24110 4996 0
cx22702 3844 0
dvb_pll 2436 1 cx22702
cx22700 3588 0
dst 11908 0
bt878 6712 1 dst
dvb_core 53672 0

What I always recommend you do is get the hardware working and verify
> it's working BEFORE even going into mythtv. That way you know which is
> to blame (and it's never myth).

mythbackend is not running ATM. I am trying to get my TV back :(