[mythtv-users] Broekn Apt-get

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Aug 20 00:24:52 UTC 2005

How *exactly* does one edit /etc/apt/sources.list to download
mythtv-suite?

I have a Mandriva (Mandrake 10.2) install. I upgraded the kernel and
applied the EPIA patches, so my VIA SP13000 is running nicely.

But there is nothing in sources.list. I've found one or two places with
repositaries but apt-get update always throws an error.
It appears the form of the line is wrong.
As usual the 'help' is not.
Googling produced nothing useful either: some pages, but with different
distributions involved.

I did get one 29Meg download completed, but synaptic for example is not
included in the list, Nor is mythtv.

If I download the mythtv-suite rpm and attempt to install, I get a mass of
broken dependencies.

I haven't been able to find any useful HOWTO for this. Every other webpage
seems to be a magic sleight of hand...The writer's setup has  the magic
incantation, so it works. No further explanation required.

Any pointers please?

Geoff
R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638