[mythtv-users] Is this any good for mythtv?

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:06:05 UTC 2005

I don't know if you are planning to use the Tv out on the Pundit-R,
but I've never been satisfied with mine (I'm currently using the
output from my PVR 350 which works far better).

The main problem is that all motion looks blurred, unless bob
deinterlacing is turned on.  Unfortunatley bob deinterlacing requires
Open GL VSync, unless you are happy with the picture degrading after a
few minutes of watching.  As far as I'm aware the linux drivers
provided by ATi for the Pundit-R do not support Open GL as of yet.

The other problem is that I can't get the image produced by the
Pundit-R to fill my 4:3 Tv in the vertical direction.  This means that
when I'm watching a widescreen
source I have two sets of black bars, one from the graphics card and
another from the source.  The result is I only around 60% of the
screen contains a picture.

It is possible that I've got this wrong and there's something else
that I need to look into, but I've been playing around since January
and haven't found a solution yet.  Apart from that I think the
Pundit-R is a great machine for the price, it's quiet (although by no
means silent), looks good and has a good range of outputs.  As others
have said, putting a cpture card in there is a tight fit, but I've
managed to get two in mine albeit with a moderate amount of case
bending.