[mythtv-users] real format of .nuv from DVB-T card (mpeg2 with no header?)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Aug 16 11:24:16 UTC 2005

In message <4301CB7C.6090400 at tpg.com.au>
        ffrr at tpg.com.au wrote:

> Jens Baumeister wrote:
>
>>Like others mentioned, ProjectX is only "re-packaging" the stuff
>>without any loss of quality. (That's why it's much faster than
>>transcoding.) It's a bit of a hassle, but - unfortunately - necessary,
>>and it doesn't degrade the video quality like transcoding would.
>
> That's good, but why does it need repackaging, or are people wrong
> when they say the program stream from a DVB card is already a DVD
> suitable mpeg2 stream?

They're completely wrong. It doesn't have NAV packets to start with.

That said, this DVDStyler thing you're using might be prepared to
insert those, but by the sounds of it it doesn't understand PS files
or something (many things can't handle PS) so I'd try a TS recording
and see if it handles that.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)