[mythtv-users] No video playback - LiveTV or recordings (hints pls!)

Andrew Codrington acodring at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 12:09:41 UTC 2005

Hi all,
Had this working briefly yesterday after installing ffmpeg.
It stopped working after I compiled/installed MPlayer and its 'essential codecs'.

Problem:
Watching Live TV I get sound, but no video.
Watching recordings, same problem.
While scrolling through recordings the preview works fine - I can see moving video. I'm at least
capturing video and sound with ivtv.

Background:
Mythtv and MythPlugins 0.18.1 compiled from source
Ubuntu 5.04
kernel 2.6.10-5-686
AMD system
PVR-500
ivtv 0.3.7c compiled from source
ffmpeg compiled from source
mpeg2dec-0.4.0
xvidcore-1.1.0-beta2

No one 'howto' covered all my bases so I've had to jump around. Not sure where things went off the
rails.

Looking for some guidance/hints/search terms/log locations that I can google off of.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Andrew Codrington