[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sat Aug 13 05:39:33 UTC 2005

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:09 am, Claude Boucher wrote:
> It's all fine and dandy but with three MythTV boxes running in the house
> (1 combined BE/FE in the living room and two part-time Myth FE in my
> office and son's room) this fast became a hassle to manage. Since I had
> shared the /mythtv directory for the home LAN, the logical next step was
> to move these files to a subdirectory thereof.
>
> /mythtv/recordings --> nuv recordings
> /mythtv/video         --> my MythVideo DivX and XVid
> /mythtv/music         --> my MP3/OGG files
> /mythtv/images       --> my  digital stills collection
> AND
> /mythtv/settings      --> most settings shared by my combined BE/FE and
> the two remote FE
> /mythtv/settings/menus with symbolic links to ~/.mythtv/ for my
> customized FE menus
> /mythtv/settings/posters for my MythVideo posters
> /mythtv/settings/channels for the channel icons

I've just changed mine to something similar but can't figure out the
permissions for /mythtv/settings/posters (or /srv/mythtv/mythvideoposters/ in
my case).

$ ls -al
drwxrwsr-x  2 mythtv mythtv 114 2005-08-13 15:29 mythvideoposters/

$ cat /etc/exports
/srv    192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,mountpoint,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)

/srv/mythtv/mythvideoposters$ :>t
bash: t: Permission denied

Doesn't nfs support group settings?

Paul