[mythtv-users] Re: Configuring MythTV on Gentoo

David Ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Fri Aug 12 19:57:22 UTC 2005

Ummmm - mythfilldatabase?

David

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Andy Pflueger
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 3:46 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Re: Configuring MythTV on Gentoo

Here's what I'm doing...

I run "mysql -p < /usr/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql" which just
creates the database and sets a couple GRANTs. Then, I move on to the
next step which is running mythtv-setup but that doesn't populate my
database. I've checked the mc.sql from the tarball versus that from
the Gentoo ebuild and they're completely identical scripts. I am doing
all this as superuser, of course, so I don't feel it could be a
permission issue.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Andy