[mythtv-users] Language on ripped dvd

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 18:09:38 UTC 2005

I keep getting French or Director's commentary instead of English on some of
my ripped movies. When I play the dvd from the dvd drive it plays fine. I
have read some other posts that recommend using the -alang en and aid 128
options and I have enabled both on my command line in the mplayer command
line, but nothing seems to help. How can I trouble shoot this problem
further. I tried playing the vob file with the -v option but did not see a
reference to language tracks available. I see where other people are having
this problem but never really see complete answers. Thanks for any help

Allan