[mythtv-users] DVB-s card not recognized

Joe Marcom jmarcom at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 12 16:29:59 UTC 2005

ganapath at stanfordalumni.org wrote:
> I've been trying to get my card to work for the last several days without much
> luck (been scouring the forums).
>
> - "Auto Install" of KnoppMyth R5A16 (2.6 kernel) on an Athlon box with a
> Hauppauge Nexus-s (v2.3) DVB-s card
> - Installation went fine, except that the DVB-s card is NOT recognized
>
 >snip
Sorry to say, I don't have an answer for you; but I have had the
identical problem with my WinTV-PVR250 - "no TV card recognized", on
several Linux distros, on 2 different PCs.  The card works in Windows,
and Hauppauge Tech Support was unable to help me. I'm forced to believe
it's an individual card problem, given the popularity of the 250 card.
My pcHDTV card is seen, but I have so far been unable to properly
configure it.